Loué: Convento do Espirito Santo
The main part of the former convent of the order of St. Francis is used today by the private high school "Instituto Superior Dom Afonso III"
The history of this place dates back to 1684, when nuns of the Order of St. Francis erected a hideaway for abandoned women (casa de recolhimento de mulheres desprotegidas) Since 1693 the place was gradually expanded to a convent, that was officially approved by pope Clemens II in 1711. The convent existed until the general secularisation in 1836. Today the complex in partly used by private high school "Instituto Superior Dom Afonso III" and an art gallery.
Praça da República