Lagoa: Parish Church
The original church erected in the 16th. Century at an elevated position was completely destroyed by the earthquake in 1755. The new building dates back to the end of the 18th. Century.
The only part that survived the earthquake of 1755 is the Manueline portal below the bell tower.
Lagoa: Manueline portal
Lagoa: Parish church
Lagoa: Largo dos Combatentes da Grande Guerra
The square in front of the church is named after the participants in the long colonial war (1960-74), that was ended by the Carnation Revolution in April 1974.
The memorial in front of the church is dedicated to the people of Lagoa, who lost their life during the colonial war.